Share on Tumblr

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Holy Week 2013 in Puerto Galera

Honestly, there's nothing much to say... I've been to this place for like 6 times now. I was just invited by some of my friends at work to join them for the weekend. Since it's just an easy ride from Manila... I told myself... "Why not!? Go go go!"

Puerto Galera crowd...
Puerto Galera has always been a hot summer spot for both foreign and many local tourists.. especially during lent. Lots of activities for everyone, there's scuba diving, snorkeling, jungle trekking, jet skiing, banana boat, kayaking, and their newest water ride... the UFO.

I always go for the Island hopping activity.

Island hopping and snorkeling is so much fun! LOL

Told ya it's fun!
The UFO is somewhat similar to the banana boat ride, it's just like riding and sitting in a round inflatable kiddie pool while being dragged by a jet ski. Same old same old 15 min ride P200 each minimum of 5 people per ride. I'm not really sure if that's the regular price for the ride, it may be cheaper if you were to avail it during low peak seasons.

Some of my friends went there Thursday, March 28,2013 so they could get a hotel. Luckily for us, we got ourselves a contact in Puerto Galera who could reserve us a room and is just a text away. We got a room at the Sea Jewel Resort which is 3-5 mins walk to the beachfront. The crowd... uhm... all I can say is that... It is crowded with groups of Happy people and families in Puerto "Gay"lera. he he.

Sea Jewel Resort
As much as I would like to go swim, the beach is just soooooo crowded. So me and my friends opted to stay on the sand. We had a few drinks and some milkshakes while people watching and a couple of my friends bought pairs of poi and did a little poi performance on the beach.

Galera in the morning.
What else should I say?.... Hmmm.. Oh yeah! Nightlife!

Nightlife, well, was, uhm... still buzzing with the Happy people and some families. We had dinner at Mikko's Bar. It wasn't real dinner because they only serve finger food. But of course, if you're really hungry or the type of person who needs to have that complete meal, there's a lot of food stores nearby and the waiters-errr-waitresses (Don't really know how to call them. he he) will allow you to bring food from other stores as long as you drink there.

What to drink? Mindoro Sling... but drink at your own risk. Based on my experience, after having 4 shots, my head started to spin. You'll feel your nerves thumping with the beat of the bar's music. And the rest is history. There are just some things that needs no mentioning. he he.

Mindoro Sling.... scary...
If you really wanna know... then go to Puerto Galera and experience it yourself. LOL.  If you want to join the chaotic crowd and party hard... Summer's the best time to go. If you want peace and quiet, November-February's good.

How to get there? So easy!

Take the bus located in Buendia. I would prefer JAM Liner. 2.5-3 hours to get to the Batangas port.

Signboards: Don't be confused. As long as you see the Batangas City Pier sign... you're on the right track baby!
 Once you've reached the port, just look for the ticketing booth for the fast craft, make your roundtrip boat payment, terminal/environmental/exit fees and you're all set.

Starving...
Oh I almost forgot! Once you're on the island, ask the boatman where you can sign and reserve for your return trip. Most of the time boats get fully booked, so get your reservation as soon as you get on the beach.

  RATES as of March 2013
JAM/JAC Bus Liner Buendia/Manila to Batangas Port (Roundtrip): P250.00
Snacks on bus(Mineral water, hamburger and quail eggs): P50.00
Sea fare from Batangas Port to Puerto Galera (Round trip): P500.00
Environmental Fee, Terminal Fee and Exit Fee: P80.00
Sea Jewel Resort/Hotel (shared by 6 people): P500.00/per night/person
Breakfast (depends if you wake up for breakfast LOL): P60.00-P100.00
Lunch (Filipino Food): P60.00-P100.00
Fruit/Milkshake: P75
Dinner (depends on where you'll be eating): P60-P150
Party expenses(Mindoro Sling, sizzling hotdog and mushrooms, sisig): P300/person (Shared by 6)

I spent... P2055.00. That is if you're in a group of 6. So it would be safe to bring at least P3500.00 if you'll be in a small group or if you're going solo to make the most of this trip.

Hope ya'll enjoy! Till next year's Holy Week vacation! :)








4 comments:

  1. This would be the first time that I will visit PG, may i ask what is your recommended ferry to ride going to PG? Minolo, FSL or Galerian? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! They're all okay. Though I havnt tried Minolo (Red Boats) yet, but i've heard they have newer boats. Galerian (Blue Boats) has bigger boats. Father & Sons/FSL (Yellow Boats) has a much better boat operation though some of their boats are a litte old. But the last time I was there, I took Challenge of JAR as it was the ticket bought by my friend. :) But if I were to visit again, I'd take Minolo/MSL, since I've been hearing quite good reviews about them. Hope this helped :)

      Delete
  2. how much did you pay for the snorkeling?where did you avail it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We paid P1,500 good for 8 people. You can use your haggling skills here, coz they would normally offer it at P2000-P2500. I apologize, for I wasnt able to get the contact number of the boat agent. But it will be offered to you by tour agents along the strip, just try to haggle. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines