Share on Tumblr

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Hometown, Dagupan City, Pangasinan: Bangus Festival 2013

I have always been invited by my relatives in Pangasinan to see the Bangus "Milkfish" festival. They all know that I'm a big fan of the Bangus belly and would always use that as bait just to get me and my family to visit. True enough, they make me drool whenever they tell me that they've got some fresh catch and it's overflowing with big bellied milkfish.


Grrr... now I can't focus! I want Bangus belly!:@:!"># Waaah!!":{!'

Oh dear....
Going back though. They never...
succeed in getting me to visit for the Bangus Festival, because it's so hard to get a vacation leave since most of the people at work are going on vacation as well. By the time my vacation leave request is reviewed, I get declined for it. Like what the?!/1@
ha ha. Anyway, I've already requested for the leave this April... fingers crossed... hope it gets approved this time.


The main event lies on April 30, where the famous Kalutan Ed Dalan or Bangusan Street Party takes place. I'll try... try to be there. I just cant take this anymore! ha ha. Month long celebration of this fish?! I couldnt ask for more!

Bangus Festival Schedule of Activities:


How to get there: EASY!!!

Dagupan is approximately 200 kilometers away from Manila and it can be traveled by land for 4 to 5 hours by major buses plying the route such as Victory Liner, Dagupan Bus Company, Five Star and Fermina Express.

Victory liner and Dagupan Bus Co. has WiFi..
If you are traveling by private vehicle, then take NLEX, exit in Dau, take SCTEX, and exit in Luisita (Luisita exit is easier than La Paz). Drive on to Pangasinan. When you get to Urdaneta City, you will turn left on the main road (where there is Urduja Hotel, I think?! he he). Take this road that leads right thru Dagupan City.

Alternatively, you may want the road via Manaoag (and stop for blessings). To go to Manaoag, turn right at Carmen (before the bridge) and take the Asingan detour to skip the road repair in Villasis. When you get back to McArthur Hi-way, turn to the road that goes to Manaog. Drive on to Dagupan from there. This our family's normal route, to make sure that we get to visit the Shrine before anything else.

Rates as of April 2013

Victory Liner (Aircon-Roundtrip) Cubao Terminal: P700.00
 Bus Schedule: 11:20am,1:00pm, 4:00pm, 11:40pm
Jeepney fare: P8.00 minimum
Food (Depends where and how much you'll eat): approx. amt for the whole day is P500 or less.  

Oh well... I'll just update this post when I do get there. I'm just starving big time! See you guys around! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines