Share on Tumblr

Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

White Beach! Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol


So my flight got rescheduled. And I’m soooo Happy!!! I get to stay another night in Bohol. This only means one thing… a trip to Panglao! OH YEAH!!!

Happy boy selfie
Rare that it happens when someone gets all excited due to a cancelled or rescheduled flight. Well, I think it’s only good when you’re just a few kilometers away from a tourist destination, especially when that destination is a

white sand beach.


Make the most out of the situation! Off to Alona beach in Panglao town. White sand beach, coconut palm trees leaning towards the sea, azure waters and a bottle of ice cold beer… Tropical paradise.


I spent the night at a guesthouse in Carmen after the Chocolate Hills tour and since this trip to Panglao wasn’t part of my itinerary, I asked directions how to get there. I have several options, but the cheapest is to catch a shuttle/van going to back to Tagbilaran City. So I wait… waited… and waited… after about an hour finally my most awaited ride arrived with only 5 passengers… my legs are happy! More legroom more fun!!!

From Carmen to Tagbilaran, the trip was roughly about 2 hours. I didn’t mind since aside from the spacious ride, the route going back to the city was just amazing, we passed by a few charming Chocolate hills, the mysterious and enchanting Bilar man-made forest and the quiet rivers of Laoay and Loboc. Truly Bohol is gifted with these natural wonders.

From Tagbilaran city, I was advised to take a jeep that goes direct to Panglao and just to inform the driver to drop me off at Alona beach. By the way, I chose Alona beach because that’s the guesthouse owners recommendation. I trust her, she lives there.

The trip took about an hour because of multiple drop offs and stops and since it was a weekday, students filled the transport and I was an alien to everyone. LOL


It’s 12 o’clock noon… At last, after that butt numbing ride… there’s still no Alona beach. I still had to walk several blocks to get to the guesthouse that the other guesthouse owner recommended. I’m all burnt! Literally burnt, sticky and sweaty! I need the beach. I need water!


Took about 20 minutes of walking while staring at my phone doing gps looking for that guesthouse. I thought the guesthouse was beachfront, its nowhere near the highway or beach. But I wasn’t at all disappointed when I reached the Alona Chillout guesthouse since the ladies who assisted me were all smiles and friendly. Very welcoming staff and they speak to guests in English. Kudo’s girls!



Well, I was the only guest that time, so all 3 staff were focused on me. I felt really special. One lady asked if she could take my luggage to the room and If I had any room preferences and stuff, the other one asking what I’d like to eat and drink and the last girl, discussed the house rules , getting to the beach and other activities at the guesthouses’ common area. I was provided with a map so it’s pretty much self-explanatory but I guess it’s part of their training as well to entertain and educate their guests about everything Alona/Panglao. They also organize Bohol package tours, island hopping and diving excursions.





I love the ambiance, so laid back, really cozy, very simple and private. I had the whole place to myself. The walls are bordered by bamboos and hanging flora. Everything is nature inspired from the common area, garden and rooms. The rooms have their own spacious terrace with private toilet and bath. This serves as my review of the hotel.






Visit their page if you wish to stay with them: Chill-Out Guesthouse


I had seared milkfish and mango shake for lunch and immediately changed to my beachwear. Btw, since the location is not beachfront, you’ll be provided with a map on how you could easily get to the beach. 2 options, you either walk for about 5-6 mins or you ask the staff to get you a tricycle and take you to the beach. I chose to walk so I could further explore the place and for you to get access to the beach you’ll have to enter a private 5 star resort for free!

The 5 star hotel entrance to the beach...

Welcome! Alona Beach! Finally!






Welcome to Alona beach! The sun was at its peak and I can feel the heat pierce my skin so I took cover. The sand is really white, shimmering if I must say, maybe because of the sun. Walk a few more meters you’ll be greeted by coconut palm trees leaning towards the sea, great for photo ops.




The beach strip basically has everything you need, similar to Boracay, but less touts who offer beach activities. I like how the locals here interact and respond to tourists, they don’t bug you once you say no their beach activity offer. They will even thank you for your time and wish you have an enjoyable vacation. I’m so loving Bohol.






The beach area is crowded. Not by people but by blue and white pumpboats/outriggers. They line the beach area ready to take visitors on an island tour or dive safari. Walk a few meters from the shore you’ll see sea grass and tiny colorful fishes and watch out for sea urchins. I hate those stingers!









All in all, my Panglao experience was definitely worth the butt numbing trip. I’ll visit you again soon! 

Good Day and Good Night Everyone Selfie!!! :) 

See more photos here: Kristoff de Villa FLICKR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines