Share on Tumblr

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Boracay Guide: For Virgins

If you'd notice, I've been writing really long pages for this blog. I'm just having a hard time breaking them up into smaller posts. But since this is about my "Boracay-tion", I guess I could start with just a "quick" overview. Ready?! Here goes!  : p


The island of Boracay is beautiful, as always.  It may have been like my nth time visiting, I just recently realized that it was much bigger, way bigger than I expected and had lots to see and do on it. It may have a small island feel to it at first because most tourists crowd the same area, but there's a lot of selection in accommodation, restaurants and things to keep you busy. It’s also most known for water adventures, beach parties and fancy resorts. Water sports and island-hopping during the day, beachfront massages at sunset, cocktails at night all the way until sunrise—this is the ideal "Boracay-tion" program. Of course, these things don't come without a hefty price tag.


Usually I am content on a beach with just a book, my wayfarer, brightly colored board shorts and the odd drink. Unfortunately this wasn't the case on this vacay.

In my 4 days 3 nights stay, I must say that the temperatures' got the best of me! I got there with temperatures rising in the mid 30's with a not so perfect tan but still the island's beautiful and stunning. The world renowned White Beach was calm and the waters were sparkling azure.



I just don't get it though why there were some parts of the beach that seemed to have been spat up with some green stuff or some sort of algae. There's like alien-green blood seeping from who knows where. Anyway, ignoring that piece of grossness, I did enjoy the summer sun.


Most of the time I've spent aside from hitting the beach and getting that cinnamon tan was trying to amuse myself with food, drinks, music, books and partying!

Boracay Food... Yes! It's first on my list. I indulged my self in all honesty everything the island has to offer. The food served has always been well presented, no gross looking entree' or odd smelling dishes... so far.




For the many times that I've been here, I enjoyed the Mongolian, American, Greek, Middle Eastern, Indian, Japanese, Thai, Hawaiian, Italian and of course, Filipino dishes. Be careful having too much though, not safe for the beach body, unless you have cover-ups for bloat. Take note that food prices vary, it may range from P150-300 for decent single served meals, fresh seafood and buffet that cost around P350-P600. There are also eateries in D'Talipapa that serves budget group meals good for 4, or 5-7 persons at P600-P700 up. Cheap eats can be found along the D'Mall area with prices that range from P30-P100 per meal.


Oh! Don't miss out on the Tropical Fruit smoothies and Milkshakes the island offers. It's quite a necessity, especially from that scorching heat and exhausting water activities, and rehydration from last night's party. I normally get my dose at Jonah's, located in Station 1, near the famous #Boracay Grotto also known as Willy's Rock. Price ranges from P110-P185. If delightful smoothies don't work, always bring a bottle of water.

Party?! I'm pretty sure you caught that one. Boracay has some of the best beach party places in the country. Once you step on the beach walk, left and right, you'll see all sorts of pubs and bars. During clear skies, you'll feel the serene and tropical aura of these places. All day beach bed rentals and drinks are offered by very accommodating staff. I rented one at Epic for a days use at P250 only with 1 complimentary drink. Cool huh?!

And when night time falls. You already had that sumptous dinner and you'd hear some jumpy heavy beats. That's your party call! It's going to be your option as to which bar you'd like to enter. Most of the pubs are entrance fee free.

Me trying out the "Still Standing Challenge"

Try strolling along the beach walk and release your party radar. They have all sorts of genre, so whatever rocks your boat, go for it. Don't be a party poop-er, beach parties like this tend to get wild, so savour it! enjoy it! Have fun and meet new friends!



Okay! Alright! I hear you! Your pals won't go clubbing tonight and would rather sleep or just play cards. Don't fret! Remember me telling you to have fun and meet NEW friends? I'm not saying you go hit on random people, you'll end up getting bashed (but if you're good at it, do as you please. LOL). Anyway, they have what they call the Boracay PubCrawl. It's actually an organized/guided bar hopping tour which lets you meet and party with other people on the island. Most of the participants are tourists, so don't worry about being left out.

 


 The marshalls/guides will make sure that you get to mingle and interact with the participants with their fun get-to-know activities and will teach you how to have a good time. What normally happens here is you enter 5 of the best clubs as a group wearing the PubCrawl shirt and carrying a shot glass for your free drinks and shooters. And, basically after getting all intoxicated... It's all history! If you are up for this, then have yourself registered to this Boracay activity, ranked number 1 on Trip Advisor. It wouldn't be ranked number 1 for nothing. And I "PubCrawled"



 That my friend, is how you meet new friends without getting seriously bashed. ha ha. Join the awesomeness!

 Lastly, I just noticed that a lot of small-scale properties kept mushrooming throughout the White Beach area, larger developments have already made their mark in other areas of the island. But I think this is somehow bringing a lot of stress to the environment. Could that be the reason behind the "alien-green blood" or should I say green algae bloom? Grrr.

Don't get me wrong here. I am not totally against any form of development. And it would be utterly hypocritical of me if I say that I don't enjoy a fancy property. However, given the environmental problems already hounding Boracay, shouldn't the government impose some sort of moratorium on such projects, I mean, at least until all these issues have been properly and thoroughly addressed? What's the environmental fee for? I just really hope that the island will be properly maintained.



All in all the vacation was a hit. It is a beautiful island, and even with the uber hot weather, green stuffies, uncountable number of t-shirt vendors, massage touts and diving tour agencies, it was a blast. And just to say as well, Boracay Island is not exactly known for being a budget-friendly destination—after all, who bothers about money when you’re in hedonistic heaven? 

But still on this bustling island, there’s a lot of things to do even if you don’t have plenty of money. A small budget doesn't have to come in the way of enjoying the vacation hotspot! Do research and read my blog posts! ha ha. There are other fun parts and detailed highlights on the bars and food places I've been to, but again, I'm saving them for separate posts, so read on for more... 

Hope you enjoy your Boracay vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines