Share on Tumblr

Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2013

My First "AWESOME" in Coron, Palawan

Where will I be staying in Coron, Palawan... hotel, guesthouse, inn? Do I want an A/C room or a fan room? How long will I be staying there? Do I want a private bathroom? What are the house rules about noise levels during the day/night? Do I need room service?

Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse


Questions I normally ask myself before I make that deal and book it. In this case, I was looking for a place to stay in Coron. It will be my first time there, so I definitely want to make the most out of my 3 days and 2 nights stay.

Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse

 As for the saying, "Don't Judge a Book by its Cover". True enough, you'll see some flashy hotels with all that fancy stuff but then you'll end up singing the blues because of disappointment...
with the staff, room, food and especially their SERVICE. I've been to way better hotels and inns almost half the price but with very accommodating staff and excellent service. Though I may not be in my room or hotel most of the time on my travels, I still know what great customer care is. Duh?! ha ha

Well enough of my ranting... and uh... was looking for a phrase to rhyme. LOL. Anyway, I went online. Pulled up one of my travel buddies, name is Trip Advisor (Oh you should meet him! LOL). Typed "Coron inns"... and BOOM! Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse came up as number 1. At first I was like, "Really?"

Photos of Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse, Coron

then I was reminded of my reinvented mantra... "I should not judge a book by it's cover"

So I went on and looked up some photos and read reviews about the place. It is Swedish owned and I really liked the island feel to it. Seeing photos of the guesthouse built on stilts,perched and sits on top of the water... so laid back! Pretty neat! I can feel it. ha ha.

Photos of Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse, Coron

I'm really all warmed up to the idea of staying there. But then of course, I've to see how much it would cost for a solo traveler, after all I'm a cheap-oh-lumba. Another BOOM! They have...


And they also have packages! Ain't that sweet!


Well, I didn't get to avail of their package due to time and airline constraints. During the email conversation I had with Patrik (Yes, you'll be talking to the owner directly... and he's nice!), since I was really wanting to have like more of a do-it-yourself itinerary, he recommended El Compass Travel and Tours for they do private tours, as well as joining a group if you're traveling solo.

Deal was sealed! Since I'll be staying there for 2 nights with another traveler, booked for the double bedroom and deposited half via Paypal. Now, off to my parents house to leave my dogs. LOL

Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse

When we got there... I was like, "AWESOME", I was so surprised to actually hear that quickly extracted from my brain to my mouth. I've never ever mouthed that word in my life. I just don't really feel like saying it, I mean, I'm okay writing it or mimicking it like in "Dude, Where's my Car", but never ever said and felt it at the same time. I'll be very honest, it didn't sound right, an awkward moment for me and my travel buddy. But we were just too focused at the fact that we're actually staying here. Before we even entered, we already took  some photos, we didn't want to miss that surprising welcome.

Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse


"Cozy" was another word that I don't normally say, but as we entered, it just came out. Like a baby learning his first words... LOL

Photos of Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse, Coron
This photo of Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse is courtesy of TripAdvisor

You'll see some cute and funny signs to keep people in check. And of course, since you're in Coron and you're so itching to brag about the "AWESOME-ness". Great news to all social networking addicts out there... They have free WiFi! Yeah yeah, yap all you want!

Photos of Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse, Coron
                                                       The Living Room

Photos of Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse, Coron
Twin Bed Bedroom

Photos of Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse, Coron
Double-bed Bedroom

Bathroom

 All are fan rooms with 2 shared baths, one for men and one for the girls. They have 5 rooms but having no A/C didn't bother me at all because we we're basically out the whole day anyway. It may lack some modern options, but it made up for the simple and cozy island vibe. The walls are made out of native materials like bamboo and the such. So don't be surprised when you feel shaking... I mean, that consistent shaking at night with shocking but funny noises from the other room. LOL

Dorm

Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse

   Patrik and Tezz's guesthouse is really just the perfect base to start venturing Coron and further afield. It's a 5 minute walk to the town center, just far enough from the main road so tricycles and motorbikes don't keep you up all night. On foot, you'd have no trouble getting to the pier, public market, eating places and other spots (hence this post).

Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse

Patrik and the rest of the family are so welcoming including 2 Parrots, a cat and a dog... a chubby and friendly Pitbull. It saddens me though that I wasn't able to take a photo with the uber friendly pitbull... the dog was just too hyper to be captured on cam and has this strong and heavy whipping tail. A fail for a dog-lover like me. hu hu.

Patrik and Tezz GuesthousePatrik and Tezz Guesthouse

Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse
Aww... chinky cat eyes!!!

It is not impossible to love the place. Perfect for the budget traveler or any adventure-type traveler who's into making new friends, wants simple island living and not hard to please. The guesthouse is all traditional and rustic but it's very safe and clean. Once again, this isn't a luxury hotel, this is the Coron life my friends.

Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse

Hats off to a great stay and wonderful care you provide your guests! I've no qualms of recommending this place. I'm pretty sure everyone will feel the same. I will definitely come back to this place.

Read other Patrick & Tezz Guesthouse Reviews here
Wanna stay with them? Click here then.

Now to Patrik, Tezz, Tita Ely and the rest of the family... as a token for being so nice and since I wasn't able to leave a note... ha ha. Here goes my not-so-dirty sketch of Coron...

Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse

Did this during the Kayangan Lake tour.

9 comments:

  1. awesomeness! i totally agree with every word u said about the guesthouse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Lia, I'm Indonesian. I have a plan to go to Coron end of September. I'm looking for a nice place to stay only for weekend also places to visit there, inbound friday morning and flying out Sunday 10AM to Manila. I will be traveling solo, do you have any suggestions for me :D.

    Cheers,
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lia,
      No need to look further! Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse is a nice place to stay when in Coron. You may visit their website at www.coron.ph or send them an email at info@coron.ph. Please let me know what questions you have, you may email me at solescape@live.com so I can give you further suggestions about your Coron trip :)

      Thank You!

      Delete
  3. Hi my name is ruffa, mga magkano kaya ang island tours pag hindi kasali accomodation etc.??Thanks will going to coron within this year..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will depend on the tour that you'll be getting and the number of people you're with. You may contact EL COMPASS TRAVEL AND TOURS - 09296783943 / 09462689716 / 09206400572 and ask for WILLIAM RIÑON. Siya ang magaayos ng tour niyo. Sabhin nyo lang sa kanya kung saang hotel kayo nagstay para masundo nya kayo. Mabait yan si Kuya William. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this post. We're planning to visit Puerto Princesa, Palawan this summer. Any hotels in Palawan suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to suggest Go Hotels in Puerto Princesa. Clean, close to the city center, easy access for tour shuttles and budget friendly. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines