Share on Tumblr

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Bohol Python Sanctuary and Mini-Zoo

Prony the preserved Python
This was one of the stops for my Bohol day tour and I was starting to feel my stomach grumble as we were on our way. Left Cebu City to Tagbilaran at 6am and arrived 2 hours after via Oceanjet.


I think he's saying hello to me... 
  The Python Sanctuary. This is where you’ll get to see and take pictures of the largest python in captivity. The pythons’ name is Prony, a 25-feet long reptile in the town of Baclayon. I actually saw 3 large pythons, 1 taxidermed/stuffed python and 2 chunky and heavy live captive pythons. They are all huge!!!



This one looks hungry...
Aside from the snakes, they have a mini zoo with big and small captive birds, small reptiles and cute Civet cats.
Civet Cat... Musang or Alamid. Try drinking coffee made from Musang poop. It's delicious



You can touch and have selfies with the snakes as they are harmless according to the female owner. She will also offer to take the photos for you if you brought your own camera. You are also given the option to purchase the photos she took using her camera, you can have it printed or they can just forward it directly to your social media account. Make sure to save the photos immediately once they send it to your account, coz a few minutes after posting they will delete the photos from theirs. I wasn’t able to save any! Glad I have my camera!!!  P200 if you ask to forward ALL the photos and P150 if you ask for ONE photo printed.

The P150 photo print.. this is not Prony. Prony id the taxidermed python. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines